Washing machines are one of the important things in households. Washing machines have helped in making our task easier of rinsing and drying clothes. Not only that, but these machines clean our clothes quickly without creating any fuss and chaos. But it happens sometimes, that while washing clothes, the lint or some yarns get stuck in the inlet pipes. So, what to do in such a situation? How to clean washing machine? If the lint enters the pipe, it can hinder the efficiency of the gadget. Moreover, the mechanisms in the machines are also delicate. Thus, we need to be double sure while soaking a cloth in.
If the stuff accumulated has gone deep into the pipe, then the situation worsens. You might need to call a professional for help. But let’s just not be too presumptuous. If we feel that there is a blockage in the pipe, then we must check it by ourselves first. If we feel that the situation is not under our control, then we must seek help. Also, if you have ever seen the washing cycle of a washing machine with no water, then you must understand that your inlet pipe is damaged. So, rather than creating panic in your mind, you must ascertain what you need to do to get rid of this situation.
Now, here arises a question, i.e., how you can determine if the inlet pipe is damaged or broken? Well, it’s simple. You need to check the inlet hose ‘O’ ring seal for the signs of damage. If the seal is missing, then also the inlet pipe is damaged. Leakage is the main reason for the inlet pipe being damaged. If you see leakage anywhere, then just be sure that the pipe has been accumulated with stuff and needs some cleaning. If the situation is worse, then there can also be a need to change the inlet pipe. Either way, cleaning is simple.
Well, inlet pipes can be easily cleaned at home as well. You just need to follow some simple steps to clean it. In this article, we will tell you some hacks that you can follow in order to clean the machine. So, let us begin!
How to Clean Washing Machine
A washing machine has two filters, i.e., inlet filter and lint filter. The location of the inlet filter is the same for all the machines, unlike the lint filter. An inlet filter allows the water to come into the washing machine through a pipe. It might get blocked due to the accumulation of waste materials. Whenever you see dirty water coming in, just remember it is because of the pipe. There are things that may be accumulated in the pipe which is resulting in dirty water. Now, let us have a look at some of the steps that you can follow to clean the washing machine. Have a look!
- Reach the back panel of the washing machine to clean the inlet filter. Make sure you unplug the machine before reaching out for the inlet pipe. If you forget to unplug, the situation can worsen and it can lead to short circuits or electric shocks. Thus, unplug before touching any appliance.
- After opening the back panel, you will find a ‘tap handle’ kind of structure. Reach out for that structure as here is the inlet connection that you are searching for.
- Remove this handle by rotating it in an anti-clockwise direction. Rotate it until the handle comes out.
- After the handle has been removed, you will find a small filter in the slot. You need to remove that small filter as well. Since it is a small filter, you need to clean it with a brush. Take a small brush or a toothbrush to clean the inside of the filter. This is how you can clean the filter.
- After cleaning the filter, detach the inlet pipe and rinse it under cold water. This is an optional step that you can follow. If not, then cleaning the small filter will also do the work.
- After cleaning the filter and pipe, place them back into the main unit slot. Close it further with the removed part; the handle that you have removed in the beginning. Put back all the things together and close the back panel.
So, this is the method regarding how to clean washing machine inlet pipe. If the method mentioned above doesn’t work, then you need to seek some professional help. If your inlet pipe isn’t retrieved, then the pipe needs to be changed, otherwise, it will damage the entire machine. You obviously might not want it. Thus, instead of ruining the machine, it’s better to get the pipe changed. Use the method mentioned above and tell us whether you found it effective or not!
- How to know if the inlet pipe is damaged?
If you find dirty water running in the washing cycle, then there is an accumulation of dirt in the inlet pipe. If the leakage is happening, then the pipe is probably broken. You need to check which situation you are in. If you need to clean the pipe, you can follow the method mentioned above. Try it once!
- How can I test the inlet pipe in the washing machine to ensure it’s working?
For testing, just see if the washing cycle in the machine is empty or not. If the inlet pipe is damaged, leakage is bound to happen. If it is accumulated, then water will not reach the cycle. Either way, the pipe needs cleansing. Thus, ensure if the washing cycle is running smoothly or not to test the inlet pipe.
- How can I fix the inlet pipe of a top load washing machine?
All the washing machines have the same area for the inlet pipe, i.e., at the back. Reach out for the back panel and take out all the handles and filters. Wash the filters under running water, ensuring that it is thoroughly clean. Also, make sure to observe if the pipe is leaking or not. If it is leaking, then you might need to change the pipe. Ask for professional help if you feel the situation is not under control.